Benefits of working with a real estate attorney
Speak to a real estate attorney at the beginning of your home hunt. An attorney is as beneficial as a Realtor in the process of buying or selling property. It is important to know that real estate agents and attorneys are equal partners in a search for property. The relationship is symbiotic and will ultimately save you money, heartache and headache by uncovering unexpected issues as early as possible.
Your real estate attorney will review documents pertaining to your loan, land survey, title and other documents. These can be complicated and, if not carefully reviewed, may end up costing you more than you ever thought.
If you're in a situation in which you have to walk away from a sale or purchase of a house, your money will be left on the table. An attorney will have the best chance of getting it back for you or keeping you from losing more.
Working with a real estate attorney that offers title insurance will save time. Your attorney only benefits from the sale of title insurance because they know you are properly covered. Before the sale of insurance, your attorney will provide a title search to make sure the property you are buying is clean.
Finally, you will have peace-of-mind when you work with your real estate attorney. You will know for sure the property you are buying will be rightfully yours.
Don't wait to contact an attorney. Contact Jo Ann Koontz at the beginning of your home hunt or the sale of your home.
- Lease Purchase vs. Lease Option - A Potential Solution for Your Buyer or Seller
- Know the difference between a 1099-A and 1099-C
- Why Close with Koontz & Associates
- Real Property Transactions Involving Foreign Individuals or Entities
- Real Property Ownership and Interests Methods of Ownership and Holding Title
- Realtor's Guide to Tax and Legal Freedom
- File as an S-Corp Quickguide
- Short Sales from a Tax Perspective - Myth vs Truth
- The Long and the Short of the Tax Impact of Short Sales
- Real Property Ownership in an LLC