Tax Attorneys of Sarasota and Central Florida

Koontz & Associates helps individuals and businesses address issues they have with the IRS. Taking on the IRS by yourself may not be the best option.

Individual Tax Information Business Tax Information IRS Representation


Tax Representation and Planning

Hiring an attorney can save you time, stress and money. Take a look at our resources below for more information about back tax, IRS representation, planning, preparation and other helpful information.

Planning for Your Individual Taxes

Two things are certain in life: death and taxes. If you’re self-employed or you pay taxes each year, understanding how to plan for that tax burden is essential to your financial wellbeing. After all, nobody wants to be hit with a large and unexpected tax bill at the end of the year. Fortunately, you can avoid this with some simple planning.

Read More

Planning for Your Business Tax

It’s never too early to start your business tax planning. Each year, small business owners have to pay business income taxes, as well as other types of taxes, depending on their unique situation. Fortunately, there are ways to minimize taxes, along with personal and business costs.

Read More

Tips for Taxpayers Who Owe the IRS

Many people become paralyzed with fear when they owe money to such an onerous creditor as the Internal Revenue Service. They cringe at the sight of that dreaded piece of mail – a notice from the IRS. The most important thing is to respond promptly. Ignoring the problem will only make it worse.

Read More

Documentary Stamp Taxes

Documentary Stamp Taxes are assessed on documents that transfer interest in Florida real property, such as warranty deeds and quit claim deeds.  Additional taxes are charged for fuels, tobacco products, communications services, and more.  For a full of account of taxes charged in Florida, see the Florida Department of Revenue website. 

Read More

Tax Relief/IRS Representation

Nobody wants to face the government alone, and nobody should have to. Here at Koontz & Associates, we’ve helped many clients navigate the IRS, and lower their tax burdens substantially in the process. If you’re facing tax issues, back taxes, or a significant tax burden that you cannot pay, you need an experienced tax relief attorney who can save you time, energy, and money, and help you get your life back.

Read More

Schedule a Consultation