Seller's Guide to Selling Your Property
Thank you for considering Koontz & Associates when selling your property. Hiring an attorney to help you in this process can save you money and provide peace of mind. We are here to help.
This guide will help identify your situation, provide research and to better prepare you for action.
Selling a home
Signing a Purchase Contract With an Unqualified Buyer
Closing costs, commissions, title insurance.
If you’re selling a home, your lawyer should:
- Review or prepare the purchase and sale agreement, including negotiating its terms.
- Prepare the deed and power of attorney if necessary.
- Deal with title issues as they arise and help correct them.
- Ensure the closing statement calculations are correct and in accordance with the terms in the contract.
- Attend the closing and review all the papers you will be required to sign.
- Arrange for transfer of security deposits.
- Arrange for insurance certificates if needed.
Not sure about selling? You have other options:
Renting your property.